Mourinho confident of Chelsea advancing into Champions League's round of 16
Returning Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has said that he is confident that his club will now go on to qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League after a convincing 4-0 victory over Steaua Bucharest.
A Ramires double, an own goal from Daniel Georgievski and a late Frank Lampard strike saw the Blues cruise to their first victory in this year's competition.
According to Metro.co.uk, Mourinho, delighted with Chelsea's performance, believes that Chelsea can qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League as they are not in a dramatic situation even though they have three points in two matches, although he added that they need to ensure that a repeat of Basel's defeat at home does not happen.
However, Mourinho backed the team, saying that they played good football with intelligence and maturity.
- Mourinho believes Chelsea's defensive football only way to qualify for CL
- Mourinho: Torres will return against Basel
- Mourinho gives up hope of Chelsea PL win following Crystal Palace loss
- Mourinho believes Drogba deserves Champions League reunion with Chelsea
- Gullit doubts Mourinho will have same success at Chelsea