Mourinho to face Liverpool with 'weakened' Chelsea squad
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has reportedly agreed to play a 'weakened' team against Liverpool in their upcoming crunch clash at Anfield in order to give the Stamford Bridge club the best chance of beating Atletico Madrid in the semi-final second-leg at home on Wednesday.
Chelsea will travel to Merseyside on Sunday already trailing Liverpool by five points with three games remaining although victory would still require Liverpool to drop points against either Crystal Palace or Newcastle United.
According to Metro.co.uk, Mourinho has suggested he may be ready to throw in the Premier League title towel in order to give Chelsea the best chance of beating Atletico Madrid in the semi-final second-leg at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.
Mourinho said that he would speak with the club's management about priorities as he is not the most important person at the club, although he added that he believes would play those players at Liverpool who will not be playing in the game against Atletico. (ANI)
- Mourinho believes Chelsea's defensive football only way to qualify for CL
- Mourinho rules out Chelsea, Arsenal from Premier League title race
- Mourinho thinks Liverpool has advantage over Chelsea in Premier League title race
- Mourinho believes Chelsea's 'old guard' hold key to PL success
- Atletico star Tiago agrees 'shock' return to Chelsea