Moyes slams Man Utd players for 'schoolboy defending' following Champions League exit
Despite a thunderbolt strike from Patrice Evra, goals from Mario Mandzukic, Thomas Muller and Arjen Robben saw United exit the tournament meekly, with boss Moyes admitting it may be a while before United grace the Champions League again.
According to the Mirror, Moyes said that the Old Trafford side conceded too quickly in the game like ' schoolboys', adding that despite having a great chance 2-1 into the game, a good playing effort by Bayern's players and a couple of small errors cost them dearly.
However, Moyes believes that United can come back into Champions League football after a year if they focus well and rebuild their side. (ANI)
- Moyes vows Man Utd will comeback strongly after FA Cup exit
- Champions League quarter-finals 2nd leg: Bayern Munich 3-1 Man Utd (Agg 4-2)
- Bayern 'wary' of Man Utd ahead of CL quarter-final clash
- Guardiola not surprised by Man Utd's decision to sack Moyes
- Moyes insists Man Utd's poor results made him more determined