Murray, Farah front-runners for BBC Sports Personality Of The Year
Also in the running may be golfer Justin Rose who won his first major title, the triumphant British and Irish Lions side who beat Australia 2-1 in the summer Test series, as well as England's cricketers who beat Australia 3-0 to retain the Ashes.
According to the Daily Star, the show, which will mark its 60th anniversary when it broadcasts on December 15, will see Gary Lineker, Clare Balding and Gabby Logan share the presenting duties.
However, the report mentioned that English tennis legend Sue Barker, who has presented the show for 19 years, will be stepping down to join the judging panel and will hand the microphone to Logan as a co-presenter of the programme.
Barker will join Dame Kelly Holmes, Michael Vaughan and Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson on the judging panel, which will select the shortlist for BBC Sports Personality Of The Year and the winner will once again be decided by public vote on the night of the show, the report added. (ANI)
- Murray favourite to win BBC Sports Personality of the Year award
- Lewis Hamilton and Mo Farah shortlisted for BBC Sports Personality of the Year award
- Murray named Britain's sports 'champion of champions'
- Farah questioned for five hours by USADA
- Ex-world champion Mansell believes Hamilton has F1 title in 'one hand'