Murray beats Verdasco to advance to French Open quarterfinals
Murray will next face Frenchman Gael Monfils on Wednesday in the quarter-finals after he beat Verdasco with a little drama in the third set as the Brit conceded a point to Verdasco, only for the Spaniard to break back in the next game.
However, Murray won the tie-break to seal his victory after two hours and 54 minutes, the BBC reported.
Murray, who was playing for the third day in a row, said that he was trying to play more aggressively in the match because he knew that he was going to be a bit tired in his legs.
The Briton said that it is good to win in three sets, and playing against Monfils, which he guessed would be on centre court, is going to be a great atmosphere and Murray said that he is really looking forward to it. (ANI)
- Murray to face either Nadal or Federer in Wimbledon semi-final
- Murray admits he needs to make 'significant improvement' to his game
- Murray looking forward to start Wimbledon title defence post French Open semifinal loss
- Lendl: Murray only thinking about winning Wimbledon
- Djokovic, Murray advance to Wimbledon final