Nadal wins 2014 French Open
Despite losing the first set 3-6 to his opponent, second in international tennis rankings, Novak Djokovic, Nadal managed to rally and win the remaining three sets 7-5, 6-2 and 6-4.
By winning the 2014 French Open, Nadal claims his 9th Roland Garros title and becomes the first tennis player to win the prestigious trophy five times in a row.
- Nadal continues quest for fifth consecutive French Open title with win over Lajovic
- Nadal wins US Open after defeating Djokovic
- Djokovic focused on winning 2015 French Open title
- Wawrinka defeats Djokovic to win French Open
- Nadal's French Open rivals feel Spaniard could be on way to ninth clay-court title