Nadal overtakes Murray as new World No. 2 after Cincinnati win
French Open Champion Rafael Nadal won his ninth title out of his last 11 finals after beating John Isner 7-6, 7-6 in the Cincinnati Open final, and will now overtake Murray as the world's second best player based on the ATP rankings.
According to The Guardian, Nadal, talking from considerable experience, thinks Andy Murray will find it easier to win a second US Open title this year than he did the first one 12 months ago, although he was glad to move ahead of his friend to No2 in the world by winning the Cincinnati Open.
Nadal said that in previous occasions, he had not played very well at Cincinnati but was happy to win the US Open warm-up against John Isner in the final. (ANI)
- Isner stuns Djokovic, Nadal defeats Federer in Cincinnati
- Australian Open: Federer to face Nadal in semi-final after defeating Murray
- Murray back close to his best despite Nadal defeat
- Murray hails perfect preparation after Mubadala World Tennis Championship triumph
- Injured Murray pulls out of French Open