Usain Bolt seals legendary status with Olympic sprint double win
While millions already consider Bolt a legend for winning triple gold in Beijing and defending his 100m title in London on Sunday, the Jamaican always insisted he had to retain his 200m title to achieve such status.
Bolt's winning time of 19.32 seconds was outside his own world record of 19.19secs which he felt might be a possibility, but the 80,000 crowd had already witnessed one such record after a stunning performance from Kenya's David Rudisha in the 800m.
- London 2012: Usain Bolt clinches Gold in men's 100m with new Olympic record
- Will Bolt replicate Beijing record in London?
- Usain Bolt may play football for Jamaica after retirement from athletics
- Dortmund's Aubameyang claims he is faster than Usain Bolt
- Bolt takes 100m crown at Moscow World Championships