Pellegrini: Man City mentally stronger than Man Utd
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has said that his team players have more mental strength than Manchester United players, and has warned new manager David Moyes of the same before the Manchester derby on Sunday.
According to the Mirror, City's mentality was called into question last season as their failed title defence was them finish 11 points adrift of champions United.
However, Pellegrini, the Blues' new manager, believes he has improved his team's mental resolve since joining in the summer, and claimed his players will prove it this weekend at the Etihad, the report said.
As such, the 60-year-old Chilean said he was aware of the importance of the encounter and the pressure to emerge triumphant from a contest that could have a significant bearing on the title race, the report added.
Pellegrini said that Moyes must have been feeling a lot of pressure after replacing legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson .
He said that United would always be one of the teams trying to win the Premier League, so it would be important to win against them and not playing for a draw. (ANI)
- Moyes challenges Rooney ahead of Manchester Derby
- Pellegrini: Man City ready for Chelsea
- Pellegrini: Man City should replace me if they want to change style of play
- Mancini takes credit for Man City's performance this season
- Mancini fears Pellegrini may replace him at Man City despite possible FA Cup win