Platini will not support Blatter at FIFA's presidency elections
UEFA president Michel Platini has said that he would not support his FIFA counterpart Sepp Blatter at next year's elections as the Swiss had recently indicated that he was to seek re-election for a fifth term.
Platinin said that he does not support Blatter and is not in favour of him having a new term, adding that he told the Swiss that he feels that FIFA needs a new breath of fresh air.
According to the BBC, Platini, who is yet to decide whether to contest the FIFA presidency himself, said that he agreed with his fellow UEFA members that it was time for Blatter, who has been in power since 1998, to call it a day when his term ends next year.
Platini said that he has known Blatter, who has been under pressure over the 2022 World Cup, for a long time and likes him, but is not in favour of him having a new term.
The Frenchman added that he supported Blatter in 1998 but he does not support him in 2014 and in the future too he will not support the Swiss . (ANI)
- Blatter calls people to contest FIFA elections, instead of criticizing him
- Blatter confirms bid for fifth Fifa term
- Qatar could lose right to stage 2022 FIFA WC, says Blatter
- Blatter wants to run for FIFA president again
- Blatter's former right-hand man Champagne may put forward bid as new FIFA president