Qatar loses to Uzbekistan in World Cup qualifier
Qatar's football team
Odil Akhmedov scored the only goal of the match in the 65th minute. Qatar tried hard in the first half but failed to find a breakthrough. In the second half, the Qatari team lagged behind Uzbekistan, who managed get a score on the board.
Other games in Group A saw South Korea beat Syria 1-0 in Seoul. Iran defeated visitors China by the same scoreline.
After round seven, Iran top the group with 17 points. South Korea are second with 13 points, while Uzbekistan are third, one point behind South Korea.
Qatar meanwhile are last in the group with four points.
The eighth round will take place in June when Qatar will face South Korea.
- Syria lose 0-1 to Uzbekistan in World Cup qualifier
- 2018 World Cup qualifiers: Uzbekistan Beat Qatar 1-0
- Jordan ties Uzbekistan 1-1 in World Cup qualifying playoff
- Iran, Uzbekistan agree to bring forward date of 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier
- Samsung awards “Man of the Match” during Asia 2010 World Cup qualifying matches