Qatar could lose right to stage 2022 FIFA WC, says Blatter
Blatter says 'super hot' Qatar could lose right to stage 2022 FIFA WC
UEFA president Michel Platini has already called for the tournament to be switched to the winter, saying tt 50 degrees, you cannot possibly play football, the Sun reports.
However, Blatter said if the Arabs ask for that change it could bring a legal challenge from the US, Australia, South Korea and Japan, who also bid to stage the finals.
Blatter added for there to be a change to winter it is necessary that Qatar ask for it and they have not done so yet.
Blatter said Qatar know if they do they risk another of the 2022 candidates bringing a challenge before FIFA and the vote would have to be repeated. (ANI)
- FIFA insist Russia, Qatar will remain 2018, 2022 WC hosts
- Russia & Qatar could lose World Cups, says Fifa official
- Awarding 2022 World Cup host rights to Qatar a 'blatant mistake', says FIFA official
- Asian football chief says Platini would bring stability to FIFA
- Fifpro boss fears players would boycott 2022 Qatar WC if held in summer