Qatar could lose right to stage 2022 FIFA WC, says Blatter
UEFA president Michel Platini has already called for the tournament to be switched to the winter, saying tt 50 degrees, you cannot possibly play football, the Sun reports.
However, Blatter said if the Arabs ask for that change it could bring a legal challenge from the US, Australia, South Korea and Japan, who also bid to stage the finals.
Blatter added for there to be a change to winter it is necessary that Qatar ask for it and they have not done so yet.
Blatter said Qatar know if they do they risk another of the 2022 candidates bringing a challenge before FIFA and the vote would have to be repeated. (ANI)
- Blatter promises 2022 World Cup will not clash with Winter Olympics
- Blatter pushing for winter 2022 World Cup due to harsh Qatari summers
- English FA chairman calls for winter World Cup in 2022
- Awarding 2022 World Cup host rights to Qatar a 'blatant mistake', says FIFA official
- FIFA to decide Qatar 2022 World Cup dates in 2014