Qatar to spend 200 bln dollars for 2022 World Cup
Qatar to spend 200 bln dollars for 2022 Football World Cup preparations
According to Sport24, 140 billion dollars from that amount will be for transportation, infrastructure including a new airport, roads and a metro system to deal with the 400, 000 fans expected for the month-long tournament.
The report further said that another 20 billion dollars would go into tourism infrastructure as the Gulf nation expects the amount coming from the number of tourists to reach 3.7 million dollars annually by 2022.
Qatar was awarded the World Cup in December 2010, beating out the United States, Australia, Japan and South Korea, the report added. (ANI)
- Qatar to spend $200 billion for 2022 Football World Cup preparations
- An unholy connection? Qatar's Islamic banks thriving on lavish World Cup spending
- Qatar plans to spend $140 billion on transportation
- Qatar accused of working 1,200 migrants to death for 2022 World Cup
- Brazil expects World Cup tourism to generate 11 billion dollars