Qatar to spend 200 bln dollars for 2022 World Cup
According to Sport24, 140 billion dollars from that amount will be for transportation, infrastructure including a new airport, roads and a metro system to deal with the 400, 000 fans expected for the month-long tournament.
The report further said that another 20 billion dollars would go into tourism infrastructure as the Gulf nation expects the amount coming from the number of tourists to reach 3.7 million dollars annually by 2022.
Qatar was awarded the World Cup in December 2010, beating out the United States, Australia, Japan and South Korea, the report added. (ANI)
- Qatar reduces number of stadiums for 2022 World Cup due to rising costs
- Qatar World Cup 2022 committee deny wrongdoing amid allegations
- Report: Qatar faces no threat in right to host 2022 World Cup
- Qatar denies using 'money power' to buy rights to host 2022 World Cup
- FIFA to decide Qatar 2022 World Cup dates in 2014