Ranieri: No injury for Riyad Mahrez
Click here to add Claudio Ranieri as an alert
Disable alert for Claudio Ranieri,
Click here to add Leicester as an alert
Disable alert for Leicester,
Click here to add Leicester City as an alert
Disable alert for Leicester City,
Click here to add Premier League as an alert
Disable alert for Premier League,
Click here to add Riyad Mahrez as an alert
Disable alert for Riyad Mahrez
Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri will be breathing a sigh of relief after receiving good news on the hamstring complaint that was threatening to keep Riyad Mahrez out of his side.
Mahrez scored a sensational 56th-minute winner as Leicester moved five points clear of Tottenham at the Premier League summit, but he was forced off with a hamstring injury five minutes from full time.
But thankfully for Leicester, Ranieri said the injury was simply cramp, as opposed to a more serious strain or tear.
"There's no injury," Ranieri said in his television interview after the game.
"Just that he was tired, maybe a little cramp, and then I changed him in just the last minute to give more support to the midfield."
Leicester, which has collected 60 points from 29 matches, continues its title charge at home to Newcastle United on March 14.
- Mahrez nets stunner as Leicester City extend lead at the top
- Leicester City remain top of Premier League thanks to Mahrez double
- Vardy and Mahrez score as Leicester beat Chelsea to return to top of Premier League
- Mahrez hat-trick sends Leicester top of Premier League
- Leicester boss Ranieri considers dropping Mahrez