Real Madrid scraps plans for 1 bln-dollar 'Resort Island' in UAE
Real scraps plans for 1 bln-dollar 'Resort Island' in UAE
Click here to add Abu Dhabi as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi,
Click here to add Florentino Perez as an alert
Disable alert for Florentino Perez,
Click here to add Metro.co.uk as an alert
Disable alert for Metro.co.uk,
Click here to add Zinedine Zidane as an alert
Disable alert for Zinedine Zidane
The original venture, as outlined in a promotional video, was planned to be launched in January 2015, complete with a marina, luxury hotels and an amusement park.
According to Metro.co.uk, however, Real president Florentino Perez has admitted that the project had to be scrapped as building work never got underway despite the 'efforts' of Perez and Real legend Zinedine Zidane .
The report also mentioned that the land on which the ' Real Madrid Resort Island' was built was never purchased for the project.
However, some reports are saying that the resort will now be moved from the planned destination of Ras Al-Khaimah to another UAE location, possibly Abu Dhabi. (ANI)
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi signs deal to link up with Real Madrid
- First they thought they could outdo mother nature, now they're after history: Dubai building 'heart of europe' on fake island
- Rakeen launches AED 1.2 billion Bab Al Bahr luxury resort in Ras Al Khaimah
- Emirates’ US$69m luxury resort now underway
- Emirates, Real Madrid send video message