Ronaldo set to sign new €47m Nike deal
The ink has only just dried on his record breaking Real Madrid contract, but Cristiano Ronaldo is set for another mega payday with a €47 million boot deal with Nike due to be signed in the next few months, The Sweeper can reveal.
The Ronaldo money mountain, bolstered by the €337,000-a-week after tax contract he penned last week, is set to be increased further by a new five-year-deal the American sportswear giants are currently drawing up.
The 28-year-old currently earns €6m per year from the deal he signed back in 2010 and Nike are hopeful of tying the Portuguese superstar to a new deal before next summer’s World Cup finals in Brazil, ahead of which they have already designed a new range of boots.
Industry sources have insisted Ronaldo's new deal could see him earn up to €9.4m a year for the next five seasons, meaning he would remain a global ambassador within the Nike family for years to come, similar to the likes of tennis legend John McEnroe and basketball icon Michael Jordan.
- Barcelona 1-3 Real Madrid (Agg 2-4): Relentless Ronaldo demolishes hosts to book Copa final berth
- Ronaldo joins Messi, Platini and elite list of multiple Ballon d'Or winners
- Barcelona Star Warns Bale About the Troubles Ahead (Video)
- Flipkens, Lisicki book semi spots
- Ex-Wales manager Toshack says Bale 'should take two months off to shake injury at Madrid'