Ronaldo set to sign new €47m Nike deal
Ronaldo in line for €47m Nike deal
Click here to add Cristiano Ronaldo as an alert
Disable alert for Cristiano Ronaldo,
Click here to add John McEnroe as an alert
Disable alert for John McEnroe,
Click here to add Michael Jordan as an alert
Disable alert for Michael Jordan,
Click here to add Nike as an alert
Disable alert for Nike
The ink has only just dried on his record breaking Real Madrid contract, but Cristiano Ronaldo is set for another mega payday with a €47 million boot deal with Nike due to be signed in the next few months, The Sweeper can reveal.
The Ronaldo money mountain, bolstered by the €337,000-a-week after tax contract he penned last week, is set to be increased further by a new five-year-deal the American sportswear giants are currently drawing up.
The 28-year-old currently earns €6m per year from the deal he signed back in 2010 and Nike are hopeful of tying the Portuguese superstar to a new deal before next summer’s World Cup finals in Brazil, ahead of which they have already designed a new range of boots.
Industry sources have insisted Ronaldo's new deal could see him earn up to €9.4m a year for the next five seasons, meaning he would remain a global ambassador within the Nike family for years to come, similar to the likes of tennis legend John McEnroe and basketball icon Michael Jordan.
Copyright © 2009 Goal.com All rights reserved.
- Barcelona 1-3 Real Madrid (Agg 2-4): Relentless Ronaldo demolishes hosts to book Copa final berth
- Ronaldo joins Messi, Platini and elite list of multiple Ballon d'Or winners
- Barcelona Star Warns Bale About the Troubles Ahead (Video)
- Flipkens, Lisicki book semi spots
- Ex-Wales manager Toshack says Bale 'should take two months off to shake injury at Madrid'