Rodgers tells Suarez to stop his cheating ways
Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers has told his star striker Luis Suarez to stop his diving and cheating ways, and put in the yards to help the team to "be winners in the right way, with the best sporting manner".
It is proving a tough task with Suarez a magnet for bad headlines with allegations of diving and cheating.
So to hear the Uruguayan admit he had "invented" a fall because he and his team-mates were drawing at home to Stoke was a devastating blow to his boss, not least because of the damage to the club's reputation.
According to The Mirror, Rodgers is looking to reinvent the Reds on the pitch and at the same time return to the values that have always underpinned the club - values that fans cherish as the 'Liverpool Way'.
Rodgers has told Suarez at the Melwood training ground that he had overstepped the line with his comments about diving. (ANI)
- Liverpool boss Rodgers thanks Suarez for making him a better manager
- Rodgers not to let Suarez saga sabotage Liverpool's preparations for new season
- Rodgers: Suarez will stay at Liverpool
- Rodgers wants Suarez, Sturridge to work together for Liverpool
- Rodgers demands apology from Suarez for wanting to leave Liverpool