Federer tops Forbes' money list
Swiss 17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer has topped Forbes magazine's list of the 10 top tennis money makers announced on Monday.
The Swiss star made 56.2 million dollars from July of last year through this past June, with endorsement deals from such firms as Rolex and Nike bringing the lion's share of that total, more than 40 million dollars.
According to Sport 24, Spaniard Rafael Nadal ranked second on the list at USD 44.5 million. Serbia's Novak Djokovic was third with USD 33.1 million.
Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova was fourth overall, but topped the women on the list with USD 24.4 million.
China's Li Na, who won her second Grand Slam title in January at the Australian Open, was fifth on USD 23.6 million.
World number one Serena Williams ranked sixth on the money list with USD 22 million.
Britain's Andy Murray ranked seventh on USD 19.1 million.
Victoria Azarenka was eighth at USD 11.1 million, while Japan's Kei Nishikori was ninth on USD 11 million and Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki was 10th on USD 10.8 million. (ANI)
- Blame Russia, not Jordan: ranking of Jordanian billionaire, Manasir, falls sharply on Forbes
- Federer tops Forbes tennis rich list for ninth straight year
- Al Ansari Exchange among Forbes Middle East’s 2015 list of ‘Top Companies in the Arab World’
- Sharapova says more Grand Slam titles more important than No. 1 ranking
- Forbes' highest-paid athletes list features 6 World Cup players