Federer tops Forbes' money list
Swiss 17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer has topped Forbes magazine's list of the 10 top tennis money makers announced on Monday.
The Swiss star made 56.2 million dollars from July of last year through this past June, with endorsement deals from such firms as Rolex and Nike bringing the lion's share of that total, more than 40 million dollars.
According to Sport 24, Spaniard Rafael Nadal ranked second on the list at USD 44.5 million. Serbia's Novak Djokovic was third with USD 33.1 million.
Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova was fourth overall, but topped the women on the list with USD 24.4 million.
China's Li Na, who won her second Grand Slam title in January at the Australian Open, was fifth on USD 23.6 million.
World number one Serena Williams ranked sixth on the money list with USD 22 million.
Britain's Andy Murray ranked seventh on USD 19.1 million.
Victoria Azarenka was eighth at USD 11.1 million, while Japan's Kei Nishikori was ninth on USD 11 million and Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki was 10th on USD 10.8 million. (ANI)
- Federer highest-paid tennis player with $71.5m earnings in 2013
- Nadal, Serena maintain lead on top of latest tennis rankings
- Djokovic boosts men's ATP rankings lead over US Open champion Nadal
- Courier: Federer out to prove himself but Djokovic will claim Australian Open
- Djokovic beats Del Potro to win Shanghai title