Ronaldo claims critics call him arrogant because he takes his football seriously
The man who will be centre of attention when he faces his old club Manchester United with Madrid lives a monastic life in order to keep in tip-top shape.
"I take things seriously ," the Sun quoted Ronaldo, as saying.
"I'm not someone who laughs a lot and it sometimes ends up prejudicing people against me as they think I'm arrogant or dislikeable," he added.
"We shouldn't judge people from just what we hear or see," he said. (ANI)
- Ronaldo reckons 'arrogant' image cost him global fan following
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Ronaldo says he is able to respect those who criticize him
- Suarez: Liverpool only challenged for Premier League title because of me
- Dubai police chief calls Yemenis 'goats' on his Twitter account