Ronaldo claims critics call him arrogant because he takes his football seriously
The man who will be centre of attention when he faces his old club Manchester United with Madrid lives a monastic life in order to keep in tip-top shape.
"I take things seriously ," the Sun quoted Ronaldo, as saying.
"I'm not someone who laughs a lot and it sometimes ends up prejudicing people against me as they think I'm arrogant or dislikeable," he added.
"We shouldn't judge people from just what we hear or see," he said. (ANI)
- Ronaldo reckons 'arrogant' image cost him global fan following
- Ronaldo claims Real Madrid better than Man Utd ahead of CL clash
- 'Sad' Ronaldo says he will do his best at Real Madrid
- Best time in football was with Man Utd, says Ronaldo
- Ferguson wants Ronaldo at Man Utd if he decides to leave Real Madrid