Ronaldo ahead of Germany-Portugal Euro clash: I don't fear taking penalties
Winger Cristiano Ronaldo has said his confidence in taking penalties is high, and added he is ready to take any penalty that comes Portugal's way during their crucial Group B match against Germany in the ongoing Euro Cup on June 9.
In goal for the Germans will be Bayern Munich stopper Manuel Neuer, whose penalty shootout save from Ronaldo dumped Real Madrid out of Europe at the semi-final stage.
But Ronaldo says he has no flashbacks to that miss and will definitely not dodge another if given a chance.
"If there is a penalty I'll go for it - during the year I've scored a lot of penalties. Now I have to concentrate on the ones I have next. My confidence remains the same as before. I will try the best like I always do," The Sun quoted Ronaldo, as saying.
"Yes there are a lot of Bayern players in the German squad but this is a completely different competition," he added. (ANI)
- Ronaldo says he has no problem with taking penalties
- Ronaldo: Comparing me to Messi like equating 'Ferrari with a Porsche'
- Ronaldo: Portugal will fight any team in Euro 2012 semifinal
- Pepsi forced to apologize for Ronaldo 'voodoo doll' ad
- Mertesacker begins mind games: Ronaldo holds no threat to Germany