Cristiano Ronaldo becomes world's wealthiest footballer
Cristiano Ronaldo has topped the world's wealthiest player with a fortune of 122 million pounds dethroning retired England legend David Beckham, who was named last year's richest with 165 million pounds.
Ronaldo has reportedly got a lucrative Nike deal and signed a new 76 million pounds contract with Real Madrid last summer to add to his fortune.
According to the Daily Star, the only Brit footballer to make the annual Goal Rich List this year is Wayne Rooney who was named the world's fourth richest footballer with a 69 million pounds fortune.
Rooney, who recently signed a 3,00,000-a-week pounds deal with Manchester United, reportedly adds to his fortune with sponsorship deals worth 1.8 million pounds, including contracts with Nike and Samsung, while his wife Coleen Rooney draws in her own money in hundreds of thousands from her Littlewoods fashion and Argos jewellery ranges.
Ronaldo is followed in second place by Barcelona forward Lionel Messi, who is worth 120.5 million pounds thanks to a string of endorsements, and in third place by Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o with a 70 million pounds fortune, the report added. (ANI)
- Rooney tops Premier League's richest footballers list
- Ronaldo shocks Real with £32m deal demand to stop Man Utd return
- Report: Liverpool striker Suarez currently worth at least £79m
- Man Utd hope to lure Ronaldo following denial of contract renewal with Real
- Tottenham prices Bale at £70m to fend off Man Utd's interest