Ronaldo hopes to become world's best player
His big rival Messi has won the FIFA award three times running, but Ronaldo believes he now has the edge.
Argentine Messi became Barcelona's all-time record scorer this season but Ronaldo's 59 goals helped Real Madrid to the Spanish League title, The Daily Star reports.
After scoring his third goal of the tournament against the Czech Republic, he mouthed the word "Messi" into the cameras and blew a kiss to his rival.
Ronaldo said: "Whatever I do here at the Euros won't be decisive for the Ballon D'Or - but it will certainly help.
"Being the top scorer? I don't even want to think about it because it's all about us as a team going as far as we can - and we have high hopes. It doesn't matter whether it's Spain or France in the semis, we're ready." (ANI)
- Ronaldo ahead of Messi amid FIFA Ballon d'Or voting extension controversy
- Messi credits teammates for fourth consecutive FIFA Ballon d'Or
- Man Utd must stop 'bully' Ronaldo, says former captain Neville
- Real Madrid's Ronaldo could become 'best-paid footballer in world'
- Ronaldo wins best player of 2014 award