Rooney immune to criticism for England's WC failures
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has said that he is immune to criticism for England's World Cup failure in Brazil.
England suffered one of their worst World Cup on record after crashing out of the group stages after just two games. Roy Hodgson's squad failed to win a match and returned home after finishing at the last in Group D.
Rooney bore the burden of the criticism after struggling to make an impact for the third World Cup in succession. The United striker broke his scoring duck but endured a miserable tournament, the Daily Star reported.
However, Rooney has claimed that he is immune to personal criticism and said that he honestly did not know if he was criticised in the World Cup.
But, the striker added that he thinks that happens because it is the world people live in. He said that he came to understand that a few years ago and is not concerned about it at all. (ANI)
- Hodgson believes Rooney will shine at 2014 World Cup
- Ferguson considers Van Persie, not Rooney Man Utd's main striker
- Hodgson believes Rooney can lead England's football team
- Rooney slams 'doubting' critics by posting his head injury images
- Hodgson: Rooney will be England's 'ace in the hole' during Euros