Rosberg beats Hamilton at Austrian GP
The gap in points between Mercedes racers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg is currently the biggest this season as the German defeated the Briton at the Austrian Grand Prix.
Hamilton is 29 points behind Rosberg now, having dropped a further seven points to him in the championship.
According to The BBC, Hamilton had a pace advantage over his teammate in Austria, but still lost the race due to a number of problems.
Hamilton said that he easily had the pace but something was weird, adding that his car's power was dropping and Rosberg's was not and they need to investigate what that was.
The Briton said that he was happy that he managed to recover from his poor grid position and limit the points loss.
Hamilton added that there is not really much more he can do at the moment and that he has got good pace, but he just needs to execute it on the weekend, so he will. (ANI)
- Hamilton says losing F1 championship due to final-race double points system will 'suck'
- Rosberg plans to beat Hamilton in Bahrain GP
- Hamilton becomes UK's top driver with 32 GP career wins post beating Rosberg in US
- Rosberg beats Hamilton to record fastest time in second practice at Bahrain GP
- Rosberg wins Austrian Grand Prix