Comatose Schumacher reacted with mouth during Massa's 'secret' visit
Schumacher was put into a medically-induced coma to give him a chance of recovering from brain injury following his skiing accident at an exclusive French resort on December 29 and has since undergone two operations to relieve pressure on his brain and to remove haematomas.
According to the Mirror, the Brazilian driver said that he got some response from the seven-time German world champion, who is being gradually eased out of the coma, adding that Schumacher looked normal, especially as he had made some 'reactions with his mouth'.
Stating that he is positive about Schumacher's recovery, Massa, currently testing Williams' new Formula One car in pre-season in Bahrain, revealed that he went to visit Schumacher at the hospital after the F1 test in Jerez at the end of January
Massa, who left Ferrari at the end of last season after eight years, also said that he talked to Schumacher about his testing and other things, adding that they need to believe that the legend can recover.
Schumacher's manager's confirmed the father of two had begun the 'waking-up process', although she refused to give a timescale on what can be an extremely long process, the report added. (ANI)
- Ex-F1 doctor: Schumacher will never recover due to 'serious lapses of judgment' in medical care
- `Comatose` Schumacher's 1998 Ferrari sold for $1.7m at auction
- Doctors waiting for 'eye movements' from comatose Schumacher
- Schumacher team gives no confirmation on `gradually woken up from coma` reports
- Schumacher's boss says attempts to wake him up continue