Sharapova reveals identity of man behind her million dollar earnings
From the time they met 15 years ago, Maria Sharapova has been able to count on one man who has masterminded her rise to becoming the world's highest-paid female athlete, and that is her agent Max Eisenbud.
She told CNN's Open Court show that he knows everything that's going on - where she's going to be tomorrow and where she is now.
Eisenbud, who first met the Russian when she was a 12-year-old tennis hopeful working with renowned coach Nick Bollettieri in Florida.
Then he had a low-paying job liaising with young players' parents at the Bradenton academy that IMG bought off Bollettieri, but now he's Vice President of Tennis at the world's leading sports agency-having made a fortune not only for Sharapova but also China's most bankable tennis star, Li Na, the No. 2 earner on Forbes' 2012 female athlete list.
"As an agent you just get lucky sometimes, and I'm just a really lucky guy," he said. (ANI)
- Federer highest-paid tennis player with $71.5m earnings in 2013
- Nancy Ajram denies accepting a one million US dollars marriage proposal from an Egyptian man
- Malaysian to Write Book on Truth Behind Hostage Negotiations
- Omar El Sherif refuses to sell his life’s secrets for millions of dollars
- Gulf investment Corporation: Notable Performance of Investment funds in the First Half of 2010