Suarez explains why he allows Gerrard to take Liverpool penalties
The Uruguayan, who has bagged 29 goals in 28 games, is chasing Premier League's goalscoring record of 31 to move ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and Alan Shearer, who are already in the 31-club.
According to the Daily Star, however, Suarez said that even though he could have asked to take over the spot-kick duty from Gerrard, he does not do that as it is more important for him that Liverpool finish in a good position.
Suarez also said that even though he tries to score in every game being a striker, he however, said that he would swap being top scorer or winning the Golden Boot for the team finishing in the top four any time.
However, Suarez admitted that it would be a special moment for him, his family and his fans to break the record.
Liverpool head into the weekend as Premier League leaders but face a crunch clash at home to title rivals Manchester City on Sunday as they look to extend their winning run to ten successive matches, the report added. (ANI)
- Gerrard explains why Sturridge is flourishing at Liverpool
- Gerrard believes Liverpool could lose Suarez
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Rodgers claims Suarez might not win penalty ever again due to 'diver' reputation
- Liverpool captain Gerrard admits he may never win PL