Suarez promises fans to stay at Liverpool
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has reportedly promised club fans that he would not demand a move to another club, even if one of Europe's giants show their interest in him, as he is very happy with his current club.
Suarez, who had demanded a move to Arsenal last summer as he wanted to play in the Champions League, is said to be on the transfer list for a number of European clubs, including Real Madrid, at the end of the season.
However, with a chance to play for Liverpool in the Champions League, Suarez wants to stay under boss Brendan Rodgers' guidance and has insisted that he does not want to leave the Anfield dugout, the Daily Star reported.
Suarez is reportedly set to earn around 2,00,000 pounds-a-week from the start of next season with his new four-and-a-half year deal, which he signed in December.
Suarez, who has won the PFA Player of the Year award for netting 30 goals in 31 Premier League appearances so far, is currently looking forward to help Liverpool end their 24-year wait for a league crown, the report added. (ANI)
- Arsenal close to signing Suarez for £47.5M following latest outburst
- Liverpool planning to refurbish Anfield stadium to accommodate 60,000 fans
- Rodgers urges patience as Liverpool rebuild
- Belhanda confirms move to Dynamo Kiev
- Suarez asks fans to remain calm as Liverpool battles for first PL title in 24 years