Rodgers wants Suarez, Sturridge to work together for Liverpool
According to the Mirror, the Kop boss insists there is no 'main man' at Anfield, and that Liverpool's bid to break back into the Champions League will be built around a team ethic rather than the individual brilliance of his two top strikers.
With Suarez serving a 10-match ban, Sturridge has emerged as the Reds' match-winner, with three goals in three successive 1-0 victories as Liverpool have built the only 100 per cent record in the Premier League, the report said.
However, Suarez is set to return for the Capital One Cup clash at Manchester United in 10 days' time and Rodgers is certain both the Uruguayan and Sturridge will bend to his will, the report added.
He said that all the players are expected to come in and do the job and if they want to be the superstar, they can go elsewhere because Liverpool was about the team. (ANI)
- Liverpool's Suarez reveals secret behind 'wrist kissing' celebration
- Rodgers urges patience as Liverpool rebuild
- Sturridge believes partnership with Suarez is key for Liverpool
- Sturridge relishing Suarez strike partnership at Liverpool
- Liverpool projected lineup for Arsenal clash Include Suarez and Cissokho