Terry denies rift with Benitez
Chelsea captain John Terry has denied there is a rift between him and interim boss Rafa Benitez.
Reports suggested the pair clashed over the defender's knee injury earlier this season, while the Spaniard recently declared that the 32-year-old is no longer a guaranteed starter at Stamford Bridge.
Terry, however, insists he is prepared to force his way back into Benitez's first-team plans and accepts the selection decisions made by the manager.
"There has been a lot of speculation, even today. I didn't speak out against the manager at all. I am fit, have been fit, and that's the case," Terry told Sky Sports.
"We have been working together on the training field. I might miss the game, but if the manager chooses the other players in front of me, that's totally acceptable by me and I will continue to work hard in training and wait for my chance, like I did against Fulham and previous games as well. I'm the biggest supporter if I'm playing or not playing - I'm fully behind the team.
"People are trying to cause a rift between myself and Rafa, but there simply isn't one. They won't get between us, or the players, or the staff at the football club."
Terry is unsure whether he will play any part in Chelsea's fixture with Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday, but is adamant that he will continue to support his team-mates in their pursuit of Champions League qualification.
"I want to play in all the games, of course, that's the same for every player," Terry said. "But at the same time, I understand that we have got a lot of big games and if he wants to go with David [Luiz] and Iva [Branislav Ivanovic], they have been playing great so I have no qualms about that at all.
"[Cesar] Azpilicueta has been superb at right-back as well, so once again, if I'm not picked, of course I want to play, but at the same time I will be fully behind the lads, the team and the manager to secure us at least fourth spot for the Champions League spot."