Top 10 highest paid players in the Premier League
With Wayne Rooney agreeing to sign a new £300,000 per week contract at Old Trafford making the rounds this week, Football Daily has taken a look at the Top 10 Highest Paid Premier League Footballers in their most recent video.
With more and more money being pumped into the Premier League's top teams in recent years, the weekly salaries of players has skyrocketed. At the start of 2000, the thought of a £100,000 per week player was virtually unheard of. Now, billionaire owners have made possible £200,000 per week salaries and now the first £300,000 per week salary in the Premier League.
The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Manchester City all make the list. Is there really a surprise there, though?
Take a look at the video on the right and let us know who you think doesn't deserve to be on the list.
Top 10 highest paid players in the Premier League:
10- David Silva (Manchester City): £160,000
09- Fernando Torres (Chelsea): £175,000
08- John Terry (Chelsea): £175,000
07- Mesut Ozil (Arsenal): £180,000
06- Eden Hazard (Chelsea): £185,000
05- Luis Suarez (Liverpool): £220,000
04- Sergio Aguero (Manchester City): £225,000
03- Yaya Toure (Manchester City): £240,000
02- Robin Van Persie (Manchester United): £250,000
01- Wayne Rooney (Manchester United): £300,000
- Messi highest paid player in world with nearly £1m-a-week salary in 2014
- Top 10 highest paid footballers in world
- Rodgers: Man Utd need 10 new players to win Premier League
- Top 10 Highest Paid Players in the Premier League: Manchester United and Arsenal Stars Feature
- Manchester City Players Named "Best Paid" in Sport, Chelsea Ranked 10th