Tottenham confident Bale will stay on at 170,000 pounds-a week deal
Tottenham Hotspurs is confident that winger Gareth Bale will agree to stay on at the club at 170,000-pounds-a week deal, as Real Madrid and Manchester United eye the in-demand triple Player of the Year.
Bale has scored 25 goals in all tournaments and will extend his contract with Spurs till 2017 ahead of the Champions League next season, the Mirror reports.
According to the report, both Real and United are chasing the 60-million-pounds rated Bale who plans to double his wages at the Spurs by chairman Daniel Levy.
Bale has effectively provided a massive boost for the club by attracting other top players to his club.
Bale could be joined by Barcelona striker David Villa whom the Spurs believe they can get for far less than his current rate of 13 million pounds.
Southampton defender Luke Shaw may also join the league as Spurs plans to bring him in for the summer revamp. (ANI)
- Soldado hopes to repay Tottenham faith by scoring many goals
- Tottenham prices Bale at £70m to fend off Man Utd's interest
- Bale to sign 150,000 pound a week contract to stay with Tottenham
- Villas-Boas tells Real Madrid to forget about signing Bale
- Tottenham-Real Madrid battle for Bale reaches tipping point