Tottenham projected lineup against Everton
While Chelsea fell to Newcastle and Liverpool were powerless to get stuck in against Arsenal, Spurs were preparing for their opening to push up the table.
Everton will not be an easy opponent and the Toffees are certain to bring their best when Tottenham come to call.
Spurs have been criticized lately for having lacked a cutting edge in creativity, but where they have lacked in forward affluence they seem to have been able to make up in defense.
However, the back line of Tottenham continues to see several faces missing as Younes Kaboul and Danny Rose are both still remaining on the sidelines due to injury.
Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend are thought to be set to flank either side of the attack while Lewis Holtby could be set to play the no. 10 role behind Roberto Soldado while Paulinho and Moussa Dembele should hold down the midfield.
Young Vlad Chiriches is expected to maintain his deputized position at the back while Jan Vertonghen could once again be at left back.
- Arsenal confident of beating Tottenham to Champions League fourth place
- Tottenham v Cardiff: Predicted lineups
- Europa League: Inter 4-1 Tottenham (agg 4-4, aet) Spurs advance to QF despite disastrous defeat
- Tottenham confident of sealing €28m Soldado deal
- Official: Tottenham sign Lamela from Roma for €30m