Tsonga dubs Murray 'extra terrestrial' ahead of Wimbledon
Tsonga dubs rival Murray 'extra terrestrial' ahead of Wimbledon
Murray beat the big-serving Frenchman on his way to winning the Aegon Championship on Sunday, the Mirror reports.
Stating that Murray will have extra powers to help him in the Wimbledon, Tsonga said that the US Open and Olympic champion, along with World No. 1 Novak Djokovic, delivers the best returns in the world, adding that the duo are extra-terrestrials and makes one feel that the service box is smaller.
Tsonga further said that that the unlike with other players, the longer a match goes on against either Murray or Djokovic, the more he feels that the duo knows where the opposing player will be serving his next move, which makes the player make the mistake of forcing things and thus miss the first service.
Meanwhile, the Scot faces the nightmare prospect of needing to beat Djokovic, world No 3 Roger Federer and world No 5 Rafael Nadal to win Wimbledon, although he said that it is necessary to beat the biggest players in the world to win the biggest tournaments, adding that a player cannot get too obsessed about the draw. (ANI)
- Murray believes Federer may never regain consistency again
- Murray to face either Nadal or Federer in Wimbledon semi-final
- Ferguson: Watching Murray at Wimbledon 'more emotionally involving' than Man Utd
- Murray slips out of world's top 10 for 1st time since 2008
- British PM Cameron hails Murray's historic Wimbledon victory