Van Persie demands £10m to join any club
Robin Van Persie has demanded a 10.1 million pound-yearly wage to join any club this summer.
The Dutch man's agent Kees Vos met with Italian champions Juventus and revealed the Arsenal skipper wants 195,000 pounds-a-week in wages, which would make Van Persie one of the highest-paid players in the world.
According to The Sun, Juventus along with Manchester City and Manchester United are chasing the 28-year-old to get him on board.
The double Footballer of the Year has already turned down a 130,000 pounds-a-week offer from Arsenal but neither City nor United have been put off by his demands.
City already pay Yaya Toure 225,000 pounds a week, while star palyer Wayne Rooney 200,000 pound-a-week from United.
"Van Persie is one of the best strikers in the world, if not the best, and my desire is to keep him," Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said. (ANI)
- Van Persie demands Rooney's £220,000-a-week wages to join Man Utd
- Ferguson says Arsenal kept him in the dark over Van Persie's situation
- Arsenal set to hold 'serious talks' with Man U over Van Persie
- Man Utd's sensational capture of Van Persie amounts to massive £70m
- Wenger believes Van Persie could lead Man Utd to PL title