Van Persie hails Ferguson's 'inspirational team talks'
While Man United's hot-shot stopped short of saying his new boss is better than his former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, his glowing admiration for Fergie's approach is clear.
"I have to thank the manager for his speeches and the way he makes us ready for games. It's different class," the Daily Star quoted Van Persie as saying.
"Those speeches are very important for every single one of us. The things he says and when he says them - before, during or after a game - is all very direct. And it's all spot-on and honest. I love that because it is the Dutch way to be straight," he added.
According to the paper, Van Persie ended his eight years at Arsenal in the summer after Gunners boss Wenger failed to convince him that the club's ambitions matched his own.
That is not an issue at Old Trafford, though, with RVP adding: "In the end it's all about winning here and that's the message given to every player."
"The things the manager says are a big influence on us - and especially me. He always says the right things at the right moment," he said. (ANI)
- Wenger thinks Man Utd striker Van Persie 'will always be Arsenal man'
- Ferguson regrets not signing van Persie 11 years ago!
- Ferguson says Arsenal kept him in the dark over Van Persie's situation
- Ferguson ponders bid for Arsenal's Walcott
- Van Persie says Man Utd interim boss Giggs' team talks remind him of Ferguson