Van Persie in doubt for Man Utd's Premier League clash with Cardiff
Manchester United striker Robin van Persie is reportedly in doubt for his side's match against Cardiff City in the Premier League on Sunday as he has been carrying a couple of knocks, including a toe injury.
United manager David Moyes has to take into account his team selection for Wednesday's vital Champions League game in Germany against Bayer Leverkusen, when deciding who plays at Cardiff on November 24.
According to the Daily Star, the Dutch striker, who scored United's winner in their last match against Arsenal, did not train on Saturday, a day before the match, adding that a late decision will be made on his fitness.
Along with Van Persie, captain Nemanja Vidic is also unlikely to be risked even though he has recovered from concussion, the report added. (ANI)
- Moyes admits Man Utd cannot afford any more slip-ups
- Wenger thinks Man Utd striker Van Persie 'will always be Arsenal man'
- Van Persie lives to play in great matches like 'Man Utd vs Real Madrid'
- Ferguson says Arsenal kept him in the dark over Van Persie's situation
- Man Utd's Van Persie returns to training