Van Persie hails teammate Welbeck after Man Utd win over Liverpool
Robin van Persie has hailed Danny Welbeck's recent performances, after the England striker guided Manchester United to a 2-1 victory over Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The 22-year-old forward earned the man-of-the-match award after an impressive display and was a constant threat to the Liverpool goal, despite not scoring.
Welbeck played his part in the first goal of the game scored by Van Persie, setting up Patrice Evra's cross for the Dutchman.
Van Persie's effort was his 21st goal of the season as United maintained their lead over neighbours Manchester City and he was full of praise for his fellow forward.
Speaking to reporters after the game the Netherlands striker said: "Danny played really well. He was good in the combinations and played a big part in the first goal.
"A couple of times when we got the ball after they made a mistake he got in and I got in a couple of times.
"He has been brilliant. He is still young and has been really good in training as well.
"He has been working his socks off. He is a very positive guy. He loves to play football and did really well."
- Van Persie lives to play in great matches like 'Man Utd vs Real Madrid'
- Rooney says Van Persie easiest player to 'wind up' at Man Utd
- Rooney double leads Man Utd to convincing win over Stoke
- Wenger believes Van Persie could lead Man Utd to PL title
- Wayne Rooney sidelined for three weeks due to ligament injury