Van Persie's goals saved Man Utd from mid-table pitfall
Without his contribution, the club would have won just five Premier League games and earned half of their current 52-point tally.
Van Persie has scored 16 Premier League goals and chipped in with six assists. As a result, Manchester United have won 17, drawn one and lost three matches, for a staggering win percentage of 81, reports The Sun.
Without the ex-Arsenal ace scoring and helping his team-mates, United would have won just five games, drawn 11 and lost five reducing their win percentage by almost two-thirds or 23.8 percent, the paper said.
Manchester United would have just had 26 points and been involved in scrap with West Ham and Norwich for a mid-table spot. And, without Van Persie's injury-time equaliser, they would also have gone out of the FA Cup at the hands of the Hammers on Saturday.
When Van Persie, 29, arrived for 22 million pounds last summer, there were fears over his injury record. Last season, was the first injury-free term he had enjoyed in North London since his 2.75 million-pound move from Feyenoord in 2004.
Asked whether Van Persie's price was looking like a bargain, West Ham chief Sam Allardyce replied in the negative. He added that Persie has already shown everyone what he can do. (ANI)
- Van Persie wants to end football career at Man Utd
- Wenger believes Van Persie could lead Man Utd to PL title
- Mancini admits 'Man City's failure to sign van Persie may cost PL title'
- Ferguson says Arsenal kept him in the dark over Van Persie's situation
- Ferguson says summer signing Van Persie is Man Utd's early Christmas present