Wenger thinks Man Utd striker Van Persie 'will always be Arsenal man'
According to SportsMole.co.uk, Wenger revealed that the head-to-head talks he had with Van Persie many, many times convinced him that he had to sell him.
He added that the Dutch coach who was at Manchester United convinced the striker and that played a big part.
Wenger further said that it would be strange to see Van Persie in a United shirt because he was an Arsenal man, adding that he took the striker as a very, very young player and they came together through very difficult periods.
The Dutchman has been prolific for the Premier League champions since making the controversial move, netting 39 goals in all competitions so far, the report said.
Van Persie will face his former club in this Sunday's league encounter at Old Trafford, the report added. (ANI)
- Arsenal's announcement of £17.8m profit exerts further pressure on Wenger
- Evra believes Van Persie was right to leave Arsenal
- Wenger preferred to sell Van Persie to foreign club rather than Man Utd
- Van Persie had no doubts about winning trophies with Man Utd
- Wenger believes Van Persie could lead Man Utd to PL title