Wilshere believes strong midfield could help England dominate world football
Wilshere, who was a part of the winning trio at the game along with veterans Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard, said that expectations would definitely be there if the national team keeps performing consistently, reports the Daily Star.
Wilshere also said that a blend of youth and experience, along with good midfielders is a good sign for the national team for the next World Cup and other future games.
Praising Lampard and Gerrard, Wilshere said that the Gerrard is the fittest person in the team, and Lampard is still scoring goals, despite his age.
He added that these two football stars were his childhood idols and they can still play successfully at a high level for many years.
Wilshere also said that even if Lampard or Gerrard retired, there are plenty of other promising players waiting in the wings to replace them like Manchester United's Tom Cleverly and another Red Devil Michael Carrick.
Wilshere made his first start for England since June 2011, after missing all of last season due to injury. (ANI)
- Wenger backs Wilshere to become England's next Bobby Moore
- Barcelona eye Arsenal's Wilshere as replacement for Xavi, Iniesta
- Arsenal's Wilshere explains secret behind his goalscoring form
- Scolari reveals snub to England job in 2006 still 'hurts'
- UEFA warns Wilshere over tweets about placing bets on Arsenal