Wozniacki says `has to move on` after first round French Open defeat
Wozniacki says `has to move on` after first round Paris defeat following McIlroy split
Danish tennis ace Caroline Wozniacki has said that she 'just has to move on' after losing in the first round of the French Open following the end of her engagement to Northern Irish golfer Rory McIlroy
Wozniacki, who lost in her first match after her split with McIlroy, was beaten 7-6 (7-5), 4-6, 6-2 by Belgium's Yanina Wickmayer on Tuesday.
According to the BBC, the 13th seed, whose end of engagement followed McIlroy's winning the PGA Championship at Wentworth, thanked her fans for their 'support and sweet messages', although she said that she wants to keep her relationship details between the 'closest people around her'.
Wozniacki further said that she was not at full fitness following a knee injury, and was unsure of her exact plans in the weeks ahead.
Her next scheduled event is the grass-court tournament at Eastbourne in June, the report added. (ANI)
- Wozniacki ready to quit pro tennis to start 'young family' with golf star McIlroy
- Wozniacki ready to compete for more Major titles
- Wozniacki bounces back to 1st Grand Slam semi-final in 3 years
- Australian Open: Federer to face Nadal in semi-final after defeating Murray
- Sampras Ousted by Philippoussis in First Round