Xavi can lead us to glory - Al Sadd director
Al Sadd technical director Mohamed Ghanem Al Ali says he believes Xavi can help guide the team to silverware when he joins the club next season.
The midfielder confirmed on Thursday that he will bring an end to a 24-year spell at Barcelona at the end of the current campaign to join the Qatari side.
Al Ali believes the 35-year-old will be an influential figure for the club and can lead them to continental glory.
"Xavi is a great player and one of football's legends," he told the club's website. "He has great experience, which will have a huge effect on our players, especially the young ones.
"Signing Xavi came from the club's philosophy to sign experienced players who can help the young players a lot on and off the pitch.
"That is what happened when former Real Madrid player Raul came here.
"We hope Xavi can help us to win the AFC Champions league for the third time in the club's history."
- Al Sadd: We want Xavi to bring us tiki-taka
- Raul Gonzalez to lead Al Sadd against Real Madrid
- Indie-pop band "Scouting for Girls" to perform at Atlantis Dubai's Sandance festival
- Transfer money through the Western Union® service for a chance to win one of five Nissan vehicles or one of 400 Nokia phones
- Huda Haddad joins the “Help them” campaign