Kuwait gets second ibis hotel
Create alert for Action HotelAction Hotel,
Create alert for Action HotelsAction Hotels,
Create alert for AccorAccor,
Create alert for Alain DebareAlain Debare,
Create alert for Al Hamra CenterAl Hamra Center,
Create alert for Grand Mosque and Kuwait National AssemblyGrand Mosque and Kuwait National Assembly
Alain Debare, general manager of Kuwait-based Action Hotel’s said that the group’s Middle East expansion programme looks to add more than 2,000 mid-scale rooms over the next two years. Six of the new properties will carry the ibis flag bringing the total of ibis properties in the Action cluster to nine. ibis is a leading economy hotel brand of France’s, Accor Hospitality.
“Kuwait represents an important step in our commitment to the burgeoning economy tier,” Debare said. “We are confident that ibis Sharq will do well, following the success of the ibis Salmiya.”
He confirmed that Action Hotels, the region’s leading hotel development company in the mid-scale segment, will have 14 hotels with more than 2,600 rooms in operation by 2012.
Meanwhile, Christophe Landais, Managing Director, Accor Middle East said: “The opening our second hotel in Kuwait represents the acceptance and trust of our guests in Accor’s products and services, as well as the credibility and confidence of our partners. Together we are responding to the demand for economy hotels of international quality.”
He said that the ibis Sharq will deliver quality hotel services, well-equipped rooms and state-of-the-art facilities at attractive price points to frequent business and leisure travellers.
“We are committed to Kuwait and mean to add value to its travel and tourism sector,” he added.
ibis Sharq is located in the central business district of Jaber Al Mubarak Street. This hotel is just two minutes away from Al Hamra Center, and within walking distance of the vibrant Souq Sharq shopping mall. It is also only 15 minutes drive to Kuwait International Airport and close to financial, business and entertainment hubs. The hotel is adjacent to Dasman Sharq District which house the traditional Heritage Souk, the Dhow Harbour as well the Grand Mosque and Kuwait National Assembly.
The hotel features 160 rooms, including 18 twin rooms and 64 connecting rooms, plus two for guests with special needs. The hotel’s facilities include 24-hour snack service and freshly-prepared buffet breakfast which is served from 4am to 12noon. The vibrant Open Restaurant offers an unlimited choice of recipes for tailor-made menus where guests can create delicious pasta and grilled dishes.
A designated web corner and free WIFI access in the public areas have been thoughtfully designed for business travellers. Health enthusiasts can also use the gym for their work-outs which is equipped with modern fitness machines.
- The business of war: the unexpected role of the Middle East's luxury hotels
- Faking it: Dubai's government to do the work of mother nature to attract expo 2020 visitors
- There's plenty of planes in the Middle East; but where are the pilots?
- The Syrian War and Lebanon's crumbling hotels sector
- "Say no to terrorism and visit Lebanon": how Beirut's struggling tourism sector hopes to woo travelers during the holiday season
- Accor Hospitality Middle East and Action Hotels to develop first Ibis Hotel in RAK
- Middle East hotel development company on-track for 2,600 mid-scale rooms by 2012
- Dubai Trade Centre and Accor Hospitality plan New Ibis Hotel
- Ritz Hotels Company opens first boutique property in Kuwait
- Accor opens business economy hotel in Dubai