Turkey Voted Favorite Country
Turkey has been chosen by Condé Nast Travelers readers as their favorite country in the Destination category at the Condé Nast Traveler 12th Annual Readers' Travel Awards for the first time.
Turkey's popularity also ensures a spot in prestigious The World's Top 100 list too where it was voted number 2 overall.
Istanbul, European Capital of Culture 2010 also scored highly; Istanbul was voted in the top 10 in the Overseas Cities category (5th place), with top marks for people/hospitality. The city is also home to some of the readers' favorite hotels; as the Ciragan Palace Kempinski was voted in 6th place and The Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, 13th place, in the Category of Overseas Leisure Hotels. The Ritz Carlton, Istanbul also secured 8th spot in the Overseas Business Hotels category.
Director of the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office UK Irfan Onal expressed his delight at winning the award: "We are thrilled that Turkey has won this prestigious award, which is even more meaningful given that it is chosen by the readers themselves. This is the highlight in what has been a very successful year as the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office UK. Indeed, visitor numbers from the UK continue their spectacular rise, with year-on-year figures up 15.5% for the first 7 months of this year."
The Country award was received by Turkish Ambassador Mr. Unal Cevikoz. Also attending the award was The Ambassador's wife Mrs. Emel Cevikoz, Director of the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office, Mr. Irfan Onal and Deputy Director, Dr. Aysegul Gurgezoglu
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Eleven month after bomb attack, Turkish Air resumes flights to Sharm El-Sheikh
- Saudi poised to become new leader in theme park industry
- Bahrain begins large overpass project near new building developments
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Turkey Voted Favorite Country
- Emirates Towers voted Favorite Overseas Business Hotel by Conde Nast Traveller
- Readers of Conde Nast Traveler, U.S. name The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong Top Hotel in the World
- Mo' money, less problems: Abu Dhabi voted world's fourth best city
- Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at The first residence named #5 in condé nast traveler’s readers’ choice awards – Top 25 Hotels in Africa