Turkey Voted Favorite Country
Turkey has been chosen by Condé Nast Travelers readers as their favorite country in the Destination category at the Condé Nast Traveler 12th Annual Readers' Travel Awards for the first time.
Turkey's popularity also ensures a spot in prestigious The World's Top 100 list too where it was voted number 2 overall.
Istanbul, European Capital of Culture 2010 also scored highly; Istanbul was voted in the top 10 in the Overseas Cities category (5th place), with top marks for people/hospitality. The city is also home to some of the readers' favorite hotels; as the Ciragan Palace Kempinski was voted in 6th place and The Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, 13th place, in the Category of Overseas Leisure Hotels. The Ritz Carlton, Istanbul also secured 8th spot in the Overseas Business Hotels category.
Director of the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office UK Irfan Onal expressed his delight at winning the award: "We are thrilled that Turkey has won this prestigious award, which is even more meaningful given that it is chosen by the readers themselves. This is the highlight in what has been a very successful year as the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office UK. Indeed, visitor numbers from the UK continue their spectacular rise, with year-on-year figures up 15.5% for the first 7 months of this year."
The Country award was received by Turkish Ambassador Mr. Unal Cevikoz. Also attending the award was The Ambassador's wife Mrs. Emel Cevikoz, Director of the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office, Mr. Irfan Onal and Deputy Director, Dr. Aysegul Gurgezoglu
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- Boeing Works to Inspire UAE Youth to be the Future of Aviation
- Owner of Sheraton Amman calls 2014 just 'another difficult year'
- Will Tunisia's tourism sector withstand the museum attack?
- Almost expected trends: how much are tourists spending per night in Egypt?
- Turkey Voted Favorite Country
- Mo' money, less problems: Abu Dhabi voted world's fourth best city
- Emirates Towers voted Favorite Overseas Business Hotel by Conde Nast Traveller
- Readers of Conde Nast Traveler, U.S. name The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong Top Hotel in the World
- Erdogan claims victory in key "test" poll ahead of Turkey's August presidential vote