Turkey Voted Favorite Country
Turkey has been chosen by Condé Nast Travelers readers as their favorite country in the Destination category at the Condé Nast Traveler 12th Annual Readers' Travel Awards for the first time.
Turkey's popularity also ensures a spot in prestigious The World's Top 100 list too where it was voted number 2 overall.
Istanbul, European Capital of Culture 2010 also scored highly; Istanbul was voted in the top 10 in the Overseas Cities category (5th place), with top marks for people/hospitality. The city is also home to some of the readers' favorite hotels; as the Ciragan Palace Kempinski was voted in 6th place and The Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, 13th place, in the Category of Overseas Leisure Hotels. The Ritz Carlton, Istanbul also secured 8th spot in the Overseas Business Hotels category.
Director of the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office UK Irfan Onal expressed his delight at winning the award: "We are thrilled that Turkey has won this prestigious award, which is even more meaningful given that it is chosen by the readers themselves. This is the highlight in what has been a very successful year as the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office UK. Indeed, visitor numbers from the UK continue their spectacular rise, with year-on-year figures up 15.5% for the first 7 months of this year."
The Country award was received by Turkish Ambassador Mr. Unal Cevikoz. Also attending the award was The Ambassador's wife Mrs. Emel Cevikoz, Director of the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office, Mr. Irfan Onal and Deputy Director, Dr. Aysegul Gurgezoglu
- Getting even Saudis to stay: can the Kingdom brand itself as a premier tourist destination?
- Nshallah! Egypt tourism sector displays signs of recovery
- It's a roller coaster ride! MENA has great theme parks but no appropriate hotels to go with them. Why?
- Indefensible, in so many ways: Gaza War marked a blow to Israel's tourism this summer
- A healthy economy: is Dubai about to become the world's next hospital?
- Turkey Voted Favorite Country
- Dubai International Airport voted World's Favorite Airport by Conde Nast Traveller
- Emirates Towers voted Favorite Overseas Business Hotel by Conde Nast Traveller
- Dubai International Airport rated best design in the world by Conde Nast Traveller
- Domina Coral Bay Voted as “Best Resort in the World” By Condé Nast Traveller