Abu Dhabi Ship Building launches second 42m Landing Craft for Royal Bahrain Naval Force
Abu Dhabi Ship Building, a world-class ship builder specializing in the construction, repair and refit of naval, military and commercial vessels, held today (Tuesday December 28, 2010) an official ceremony to launch Al Hamra - the second 42m Landing Craft for the Royal Bahrain Naval Force. The delivery is the last under a four-vessel contract won by Abu Dhabi Ship Building in 2008 amidst tight competition from other international shipyards.
Abu Dhabi Ship Building has delivered a total of two 16m Fast Landing Craft and two 42m Landing Craft for the Bahrain navy, all built at its world-class dock in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi. This project affirms the ship builder's ability to build high quality naval ships at competitive prices in its modern and fully-equipped facilities.
The 16m units were delivered in late 2009 and can rapidly deploy personnel and supplies. They were manufactured at Abu Dhabi Ship Building's state-of-the-art composite facility and can reach speeds of over 35 knots when traveling light or 25 knots when carrying a payload of 6 tonnes. The 42m craft are based on vessels serving the UAE Navy and are designed for troop, vehicle and cargo transport with beach deployment capability. The first one was delivered in early 2010 ahead of program schedule.
"Today's launching of this second 42m vessel is yet another major step forward in our growth as a preferred supplier and service provider for the GCC's maritime military markets," said Mohammed Salem Al Junaibi, acting Chief Executive Officer, Abu Dhabi Shipbuilding. "This has been a very fulfilling project for us and we are proud to have provided excellent high-quality, mission-capable vessels to a very important customer. Once again we have shown how we can deliver world-class vessels that exceed the technical and quality requirements of our clients on time."
"It is highly productive to engage a customer that works closely with you on a project such as this. The convenient geographical location and shared understanding on the construction of an excellent vessel has ensured advanced delivery. This partnership clearly demonstrates how the ability to build world-class vessels at competitive prices in a convenient local geographical location is becoming the preferred choice of the region's market," added Al Junaibi.
ADSB is a Public Joint Stock Company listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market. The company was established in 1996 by the UAE Offsets Group and has built a strong reputation for high quality construction and repair of both Military and commercial vessels. It is owned 10 per cent by the Abu Dhabi Government, 40 per cent by Mubadala Development Company, and 50 per cent by more than 6,000 National shareholders.
- Time for permits: how recreational drones are threatening Dubai's airspace
- Saudi intervenes to keep Mecca-Medina project on track : "final warning" to avoid slowing high-speed rail service
- Is it a bird, is it a plane? It's Etihad's first superjumbo jet! Airway's Airbus A380 takes off next week
- Egypt's old taxis get a white-washing: Government pours 1.5 bn EGP into white cab project
- Saudia gets an early Christmas present?! New Boeing 777-300ER to supplement Saudi flagship airline
- Abu Dhabi Ship Building delivers 42-metre Landing Craft to Royal Bahrain Naval Force
- Abu Dhabi Ship Building provides full support for Bahrain Defence Force at 44th World Military Sailing Championship
- Abu Dhabi Ship Building showcasing major naval defence projects at DIMDEX 2010 in Qatar
- GLNS Providing Naval Support Services in the UAE and Bahrain