Dubai: Sales of cars on the rise
Sales of cars in Dubai during 2010 increased by Dh 7 billion compared to 2009, and reached the value Dh 42.2 billion (11.5 billion dollars), say an increase of some 20%.
A recent study, issued by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Dubai, has said that the main reason behind this was related to the lack of economic crisis impact on high-income earners as well as the growing population and the high standards of living.
The study added that easing credit conditions also helped to the sales growth in the car market.
The study also indicated that the major reductions offered by the auto companies during the past eighteen months helped the sales. In some cases, these reductions amounted to Dh35,000 on some SUVs and Dh5,000 to Dh25,000 on saloon cars.
- The unquestionable Suez Canal development project leaves many questions unanswered
- What's next after the Etihad-Alitalia deal?
- Revealed: the consortium chosen by the military to give the Suez Canal a makeover
- Not just wasted time: Cairo traffic is costing Egypt a significant percentage of its GDP
- Fly Dubai finally answers the 'India question'