Dubai: Sales of cars on the rise
Sales of cars in Dubai during 2010 increased by Dh 7 billion compared to 2009, and reached the value Dh 42.2 billion (11.5 billion dollars), say an increase of some 20%.
A recent study, issued by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Dubai, has said that the main reason behind this was related to the lack of economic crisis impact on high-income earners as well as the growing population and the high standards of living.
The study added that easing credit conditions also helped to the sales growth in the car market.
The study also indicated that the major reductions offered by the auto companies during the past eighteen months helped the sales. In some cases, these reductions amounted to Dh35,000 on some SUVs and Dh5,000 to Dh25,000 on saloon cars.
- No, Yemen, this US drone is full of...Amazon packages? Website announces new shipping plan for 2015
- Meet Oman's mysterious oil billionaire builiding the world's most luxurious yachts
- Gulf airlines are busy buying airplanes that no one will fly
- Spoiled much? Gulf airlines splurge more than their countries' GDP's on new aircrafts at Dubai Airshow
- Emirates purchases at Dubai Airshow projected as 'biggest news item of the year'